Thursday, April 23, 2009

Pretty much everything else...


HELLOOOOOO AND GOOD MORNING/AFTERNOON/EVENING EVERYONE!

Let me begin by saying, today is a GORGEOUS Texas day and we are enjoying it immensly -albeit indoors for now...

So, I'm starting this on kind of a sad note but this is my blog and I'll do what I want!!!
This last weekend was the 10th anniversary of my dad's death.  I tried not to get too wrapped up in being sad, (because believe me, it can happen quickly) but instead, to celebrate his life by remembering the good stuff and telling Noli about him.  It seems strange, but it's so easy to forget things about even the most important, life-changing people once they are gone.  I try to remember the little things that helped build who he was as an attempt to create an outline for Noli of my dad, self-coined "Poppa Bear" to his grandchildren - of whom he now has 5 and one on the way.  None of which did he have the pleasure to meet.  Lots of people in my life never met my dad, including my husband.  This is sad and I hate to even say it out loud because it hurts my heart.  Anyhoodle, my dad was an amazing man and is missed more than he could ever imagine.  I can't believe it's been 10 years dad. 
love you.



Ok.. on to the happy lil baby news:

...since my last blog, Noli has learned SO MUCH! Here are a few of the things that have happened since Valentines day.

Magnolia's stuff that she does:

1.) Embraces clapping whole heartedly and now accompanies it with an alarmingly deep voiced "yaaaaaaay!" I enjoy this. Bigtime

2.) she has 8 teeth!

3.) screams when she doesn't get her way. I can't say I'm surprised. Between Jordan and I, we saw this coming a million miles away! We're working on it.... Otherwise, I can honestly say that she is a pretty chill kid.

4.) Walks!  and RUNS!  (not so much fun for me, but adorable nonetheless)

5.) Climbs! and gets into EVERYTHING! She only recently started putting everything in her mouth. Not cool. "danger!" is a common word around here...

6.) We have been to three birthday parties and I'm pretty sure that Noli has more fun than anyone else...including the birthday boy/girl. Sorry Kairi....in every picture of Kairi opening presents, little Noli is 1 foot away clapping and saying, "yay!" and pushing something across the room...haha...uhh...sorry.

7.) we have made 2 new friends! Kai, a big 2 year old boy that likes Juicy and Ricey and Magnolia is pretty much obsessed with him, and Parks, a 7 month old baby boy that Magnolia wants to play with her but he's too busy staring at his mommy.

8.) we took a trip to Austin with our friends Shawn, Suzy Q, and wee little Kai: fun, really fun, stayed in a super cool modern house and painted the town uhh...green? It's a different kind of trip with two 1 year olds... super fun nonetheless. I am so glad we took this trip and really enjoyed our time together because we didn't know they would be moving to Pheonix in just a few weeks! :( We miss them terribly but it's great that they get to get their new life started!

9.) We also went to Seaworld with Mandy, Todd, A.J., and Ava! It was ridiculously fun and I look forward to more family trips with other kids! I'm not sure if I had more fun than the kids, but it's a possibility. We fed dolphins stinky fish and petted them and saw Shamu's big self flying through the air. (by the way, I heard that litter eventually makes it's way to our oceans and the chemicals from the trash is actually causing killer whales to get breast cancer. So please do NOT litter and recycle if possible)(thanks)

10.) My sister is having another baby!!!! I can't believe all the babies happening right now! Jordan's sister (due June 21) and my sister (due Nov 28th - within 2 weeks of both of her other children's birthdays...ha) both are pregnant, and Mandy's sister-in-law, Jen, is also pregnant! I can't lie...it makes me want to be a part of the party, but Noli is pretty much wanting to be an only child right now! And also, having another baby would mean that I would be PREGNANT again and that I would be having a real live 2nd responsibility....  Not yet, but thanks.

11.) Sings EIEIOOOOOOO, and has recently started dancing (feverishly) to almost any song and quitely singing along with her own words and tune.  I LOVE THIS.  My musical baby.  

There is so much that I'm not sure where to start, but I will blog again with some pics!

No comments:

Put your left foot in...you put your left foot out...

you do the hokey pokey and then you read this blog.

About Me

My photo
Oklahoma, United States
Special effects trained makeup artist. Advanced esthetician. Professional beauty addict and product hoarder.