Thursday, February 26, 2009

Believe it or not.. it's a blog!









Magnolia is 1!!!















------------------------------------------------
I'm not good at doing anything consistently but eating and ensuring that my child is cared for so, needless to say, blogging isn't my strong suit...or rather, monthly scheduled bloggings.

Ok. I'm going to try to keep this from being absolutely obnoxiously long like the last blog. In fact, this blog begins as "a morning in the life of Annie" with some info thrown in for good measure. I'm pretty desperate to hold your attention people.

Begin:

So...Magnolia is teething...bigtime. She officially has two fullies on the bottom and one halfie to the right. For those of you who don't know, I read the Twilight (vampires!) series and made fun of my brother-in-law for being a freak baby with fangs, and lo and behold, my little one grows not one, but BOTH fangs. Literally. No top front teeth, but their counterparts on either side. I, of course, find it to be awesome and, of course, am overwhelmed with pride. She now has one of the middle front teeth coming in and vaguely resembles a Halloween decoration (rhymes with mack-o-mantern).

Teething... so she is a fuss bucket, as can be imagined, and seems to be particularly difficult to please in the AM. So, this morning, I decided on oatmeal for us both and am excited as this is Noli's first time to try it. As Magnolia is unhappily screeching in her high chair with about a billion cheerios (she must be the only baby in history to stop liking them at 11 months) I pull out the oatmeal (all the while being trailed by 3 "ravenous" dogs) and realize there is only enough for 1.5 servings and, being a professional oatmeal burner, want to make sure to get it right. - maybe the longest sentence ever- but I digress...

I carefully measure out one cup of oats and proceed to knock the rest of the box over on the floor...DOGFIGHT!... 3 dogs, whom I consider to be relatively picky- especially Disco, eat the dry oats like I just threw a T bone on the floor.. hilarious/annoying. I let them work it out and clean my floor simultaneously as I cook what was left. I get Noli's bowl ready with a splash of whole milk and a teense of butter and pull out the sugar to dust it as this is a special first time breakfast. To sum it up, I salted it. And way more came out than I expected. Overall, a pretty awesome morning. She had cheese for breakfast. I'm trying not to think aobut how quickly the oatmeal will leave the dog's bodies but i know there is some serious fiber in it.

Alrighty. To the subject at hand. The kid.

1. Thanksgiving: fun, super fun showing off my little beauty queen. Is it too early to become a pageant mom? (I'm kidding, by the way, just because I put lipstick on her doesn't mean that I want to put mascara on her too...)

2.Christmas: so great to see family and I got a new fancy camera to get even more beautiful pics of my dogs... and Magnolia...I guess.

Pictures of the chaos of 5 children on x-mas morning.






3. many trips to OKC: our little getaway where my ENTIRE family lives.




This guy is one of the 4 cousins that we go to see in OKC.... he waits for us at the window making this EXACT FACE. Hi A.J.!







4.a birthday party: a heart/love/valentines day theme. maybe generic but so much easier decorating around the holiday. She ate some cake and hung out until she passed out!

yum yum yum!!!




































That was awesome! Let's do that again tomorrow!












Party girl, signing out.








opening presents and hanging with friends and fam...


It's so good I can't even look! Partay!












Olive, Kaya, Magnolia, and Kairi - this is the only picture we could catch of all the girls! Party party!










Momo/Grandmommy likes to party.












Olive, Kaya, and Grandpaface Noli. Three girls who know how to party.









Mommy and Noli! She wore her bow for about 3 seconds after I painstakingly picked it out! Look at my party shirt. I definitely know how to party.





My great-grandparents, Mia and Pop! They ALSO like to party!









Bubbe and Benzo like to party! Rarrr!












Well... alot of people who are important to us showed up to Magnolia's party. Thanks so much for coming. I worked SO HARD and it meant SO MUCH for you all to come. I love you guys!

p.s. how is it possible that I don't have one picture of Mandy and Todd being at the party? Talk about CHAOS. Next time we'll have Mcdonalds do all the planning so we can relax and get pics!!!!


...............Good thing I managed to get THIS...........



3 comments:

5 Miles Past Empty said...

THANKS for the update!
Your morning sounds like a normal mom morning. **sigh**

I LOVE the grandpa face Noli! That is hilarious and so cute!!!! She is gettiong big and looking more and more like a kid! I can't believe it!!!

p.s. the more often you blog to shroter they can be!!! :)

love you girl! I miss me some Annie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

suzy said...

this made me LOL... and i don't use that phrase lightly... i'm going to miss you guys so much!

ME said...

You definately need to blog more often. She is such a cutie!

Put your left foot in...you put your left foot out...

you do the hokey pokey and then you read this blog.

About Me

My photo
Oklahoma, United States
Special effects trained makeup artist. Advanced esthetician. Professional beauty addict and product hoarder.