Sunday, June 29, 2008

no good at blogging

ALRIGHT! I'LL BLOG AGAIN!

Obviously, I haven't quite figured out how to manage my time as a mom and when I do have down time my thoughts do not go to "blogging".

Anyhoodle...here it go...

MAGNOLIA IS ALMOST 5 MONTHS OLD!

We took her to her 4 month visit a couple weeks ago and she is as healthy as she could be. A wee bit behind the curve due to her preemie status but the doctor was genuinely impressed at her progress the last 2 months! We are so proud! She weighed in at 12.9 a full 2 pounds under what I estimated! She's holding up her head like a champ and even tried to roll over for him.

She is getting better and better at sleeping during the night. She's even had a few nights where she's slept up to 9.5 hours straight! Impressive - I know. I believe 2 things have helped her, both stemming from her 4 month appointment, 1.) rice cereal. we literally left the doc's office and went straight to get her food. 2.) swaddling again. I KNOW! I stopped because I thought it would stunt her growth or something. Being a mom makes you think crazy.

Here are things that 4.5 month old Magnolia loves in no particular order - otherwise #1 would obviously be #19:
1.) tooting. it's out of control and brings her great joy.
2.) smiling so big that I can see the back of her throat - then promptly having the sad "somebody told me Santa isn't real" face.
3.) daddy. she'll break her neck trying to follow his voice.
4.) ME! Yeah. I said it. So WHAT.
5.) drooling. at least 3 outfits a day are destroyed. usually her hands in her mouth play a major part of this.
6.) her bumbo chair. go get one right now even if you don't have children. it's worth it. just put your dog in it or something.
7.) Mirrors. She's hot and she knows it.
8.) her pacifier. we love it too.
9.) her dogs. she smiles at them and loves watching them "play" (sadly, that usually means hump)
10.) her changing table. even if she's incredibly sad - a couple minutes on the changing table (she has pictures of birds above it - not scary birds, cool birds - that she looks at) and she loves the closeness of your face as you coo at her and smile.
11.) sing to her. she'll love you forever. I actually sang an entire Destiny's Child song - no idea what some of the words were, but that's not the point - and she smiled so much that her mouth dried out and she had to have a drink afterwards.
12.) her shoes. a girl after my own heart.
13.) the gauze orange monkey blanket draped over her head. or really anything draped over her head. it makes her very very relaxed.
14.) her family. it always surprises me. it's like she KNOWS they love her and they share the same blood.
15.) being outside. and stroller rides and car rides.
16.) jumping in her jumperoo! she's a wee bit short for it so we put a pile of books under her feet and a blanket in the seat to keep her anchored. it's so sweet.
17.) cool ranch doritos. just kidding. she likes cornuts best. tough to chew with no teeth, but worth the effort.
19.) being ADORABLE.
20.) her mobile.
21.) being naked. fresh air feels niiiiiice.
22.) standing up and looking around. I fear for our future. She's already bored with everything. I thought I'd have a chilled out low maintenance baby. I was wrong.


Stuff 4.5 month old Magnolia does NOT love:
1.) having her clothes changed. She holds her breath when it goes over her head...then yells at me during the arms part.
2.) prevacid. she has reflux (poor baby) and the taste of the medicine completely grosses her out.
3.) sitting still for too long.
4.) being put in her carseat. she's cool with it after she gets in the car but it's defcon 4 until then.
5.) not tooting. but that's why we learn early on how to help her work it out.

Happy to say that I can't really think of anything else.

If I can figure it out, I'm going to post some pictures of her doing her favorite things now. ENJOY!




Not really, but thanks for asking.

get your arm off of me. I'm not kidding. Kai and Noli! BFF!

Precious angel.


Diamonds on the inside.

Alright. I can't find the ones of her doing cute stuff, just funny stuff... so I'll blog again later. Hopefully not that much later.

Catch you on the flip side.
Peace out.

2 comments:

5 Miles Past Empty said...

YEA! Thanks for the update! Noli is so cute! I knew she would be but seriously she is adorable! I can't wait to meet her! Maybe in august! i am trying to come home sometime during that month...I'll keep you posted.

Jayspee27 said...

If it makes you feel better, I don't like not tooting either!

Put your left foot in...you put your left foot out...

you do the hokey pokey and then you read this blog.

About Me

My photo
Oklahoma, United States
Special effects trained makeup artist. Advanced esthetician. Professional beauty addict and product hoarder.